Learn more about judicial ethics, view educational opportunities, and utilize research resources provided by CJEO and others.
CJEO provides access to judicial ethics educational courses for judicial officers and candidates for judicial office:
- Judicial Campaign Ethics Requirements
- Decoding the Judicial Ethics Committees and Commission: CJEO, CJA, CJP, and the Advisory Committee on the Code of Judicial Ethics (video)
- Social Media and Judicial Ethics
Also visit the California judicial branch Center for Judicial Education Resources for more online educational opportunities.
CJEO has compiled research resources about judicial ethics in California, including links to constitutional provisions, canons, statutes, rules, and standards that govern judicial officers in California. Also included are links to websites containing disciplinary decisions and advisory opinions interpreting those and related authorities:
- California Code of Judicial Ethics
- California Constitution, Article VI
- California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 170 – 170.9
- California Standards of Judicial Administration
- California Commission on Judicial Performance
- Rules & Polices Governing CJEO
- California Judges Association
Annotated California Code of Judicial Ethics
CJEO has annotated the California Code of Judicial Ethics. The annotations consist of historical notations about the effective and amendment dates of the canons and advisory committee commentary in the official California Code of Judicial Ethics, and annotations noting CJEO opinions and advice relevant to specific canons and advisory committee commentary.
CJEO has complied its opinions and advice into a searchable Compendium.
CJEO also complies and updates several databases that allow users to quickly and easily search the published materials of several judicial ethics authorities using key words and terms.
To view links to resources about judicial ethics in other jurisdictions, click here.